EMLY-GRENAN, or ST-MALO, a parish, in the barony of COSTLEA, county of LIMERICK, and province of MUNSTER, 4 miles (E.) from Kilmallock, on the old road to Galbally. It comprises 2372 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act. The land is in general good, resting for the greater part on a substratum of limestone; about two-thirds are under tillage, and the remainder meadow and pasture, of which latter about 180 acres are rough mountain. The living is a rectory, in the diocese of Limerick, and part of the corps of the treasurership of the cathedral of Limerick: the tithes amount to £150. The glebe, consisting of lands forENN merly belonging to the college, which was dissolved at the Reformation, comprises 39 acres. The church, formerlycollegiate, was destroyed in 1641, and has not been rebuilt; the members of the Establishment attend the church of Kilmallock. In the It. C. divisions the parish forms part of the union or district of Ballinvana; there is a large modern chapel at the Red-bog.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.
The transcription of the section for this parish from the National Gazetteer (1868), provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Emlygrennan to another place.
You can see maps centred on OSI grid reference R6900827464 (Lat/Lon: 52.398271, -8.456038), Emlygrennan which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- Bing (was Multimap)
569008,627464and paste it into the search box at Ordnance Survey Ireland.
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)