KILBREEDY-MINOR, a parish, in the barony of COSHMA, county of LIMERICK, and province of MUNSTER, 2 miles (N.W. by N.) from Kihnallock, and on the road from that place to Charleville; containing 600 inhabitants.
It comprises 2087 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act: the soil is very good, but only about one-fifth of it is under tillage, the remainder being meadow or pasture land. The living is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Limerick, and in the gift of the Bishop: the tithes amount to £130. In the R. C.
divisions the parish forms part of the union or district of Effin. Near the south bank of the Subtach are the ruins of the old church.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.