The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
In 1868, the parish of Kildimo contained the following places:
"KILDIMO, a parish and seat of a post-office in the barony of Kenry, county Limerick, province of Munster, Ireland, 4 miles N.W. of Adare. It is 3 miles long by 2 broad. The surface consists of good land, and lies along the W. bank of the river Maig. It is traversed by the road from Limerick to Askeaton. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Limerick, value £115, in the patronage of the Archdeacon of Limerick. The church was erected in 1725. The Roman Catholic chapel is united to that of Ardcanny. There are six day schools. Bollane House is the neighbouring residence. There are remains of a Knights Templars' house, built by the O'Donovans in 1290; also of Cullan Castle, founded early in the 16th century by the Fitzgeralds."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018