KILLELONEHAN, a parish, partly in the barony of COSHMA, but chiefly in that of PUBBLEBRIEN, county of LIMERICK, and province of MUNSTER, on the road from Limerick to Croom: containing, with part of the town of Patrickswell, 1085 inhabitants. This parish comprises 1157 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act. The land is in general of good quality, resting on a substratum of limestone, and the system of agriculture is much improved. The surrounding scenery is enlivened by several good houses and well-planted demesnes: the principal are Fort Etna, the residence of J. Waller O'Grady, Esq.; and Attyflin, of J. Westropp, Esq. The living is a rectory, in the diocese of Limerick, and forms part of the corps of the prebend of St. Munchin, in the cathedral of Limerick: the tithes amount to £124. 12. 31/2. The church was destroyed in the war of 1641, and is now in ruins; the members of the Establishment attend that of Kilpeacon. There is no glebehouse; the glebe comprises 51/2 acres. In the R. C.
divisions the parish forms part of the union or district of Loughmore. About 25 children are educated in a private school. There are some remains of a castle built by Dermot O'Hurley, in the 15th century.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.