In 1868, the parish of Mungret contained the following places:
"MUNGRET, a parish in the barony of Pubblebrien, county Limerick, province of Munster, Ireland, 2 miles S.W. of Limerick, its post town. It is 3 miles long by 2 broad, and contains part of the village of St. Patrick's Well. The soil is good. The road from Limerick to Rathkeale passes through the interior. There is a police station in the village. The bishop's old seat, Cunegar, is now turned into a farm. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Limerick, value £189, in the patronage of the Dean of Limerick. The church was a gift from the late Board of First Fruits in 1824. The Roman Catholic chapel is united to that of Crecora. There are three day schools, also ruins of a very ancient and once very extensive abbey. Its foundation is attributed to St. Patrick in the 6th century. The ruins consist of a wall, preceptory gate, church, and lepers' hospital.
"LOUGHMORE, a hamlet in the parish of Mungret, in the barony of Pubblebrien, county Limerick, province of Munster, Ireland, not far from St. Patrick's Well. Ruins of Mungret Abbey are seen. Loughmore House is the principal residence."
"ST. PATRICKSWELL, a post-office village in the parishes of Kilkeedy, Killonahan, and Mungret, in the barony of Pubblebrien, county Limerick, province of Munster, Ireland, 5 miles S.W. of Limerick, and 124 from Dublin. It is a station on the Great Southern and Western railway. It is situated on an affluent of the river Maigue, and on the road from Limerick to Tralee. It is a long and straggling village, containing a police station and a dispensary, which last is within the Limerick poor-law union. Petty sessions are held in the village. There are several seats in the vicinity. The well which gives name to the place is said to have been dedicated to St. Patrick. Fairs are held on 26th February, 28th May, 16th June, 14th and 20th October, and 18th December.