BALLYBARRACK, a parish, in the barony of UPPER-DUNDALK, county of LOUTH, and province of LEINSTER, 1¼ mile (S. S. W.) from Dundalk, on the road to Ardee; containing 444 inhabitants. It comprises, according to the Ordnance survey, 1018¼ statute acres; the lands are principally under tillage, and there is neither bog nor waste. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Armagh, and wholly impropriate in P. Coleman, Esq: the tithes amount to £186. 2. 6. There is no church nor any provision for the cure of souls. In the R. C. divisions it is in the union or district of Kilcurley, or Haggardstown, where the chapels are situated. There is a hedge school, in which are about 50 boys and 20 girls.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.