The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
In 1868, the parish of Barronstown contained the following places:
"BARRONSTOWN, a parish in the barony of Upper Dundalk, in the county of Louth, province of Leinster, Ireland, 5 miles to the N. of Louth. It is in a fertile district on the small river Fane, not far from the Dundalk and Enniskillen railway. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Armagh and Clogher, of the value, with three other benefices, of £339, in the alternate gift of the archbishop and the Dean and Chapter of Christ Church, Dublin.
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018