CLONKEEHAN, a parish, in the barony and county of LOUTH, and province of LEINSTER, 3 miles (N. E.) from Ardee; containing 333 inhabitants. The river Glyde separates this parish from those of Tallanstown and Maplestown, but it is connected with the latter by a bridge on the road from Ardee to Dundalk. The parish comprises, according to the Ordnance survey, 605 statute acres, two-thirds of which are included within the demesne of Corballis, the seat of T. Lee Norman, Esq. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Armagh, and is part of the union of Charlestown, or Philipstown: the tithes amount to £46. 3. 1. The church is in ruins.
In the R. C. divisions the parish forms part of the union or district of Tallanstown.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.
The transcription of the section for this parish from the National Gazetteer (1868), provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Clonkeehan to another place.
See the parish page on logainm.ie (The Placenames Database of Ireland)
The entry for Clonkeehan from Griffiths Valuation 1847/64
You can see maps centred on OSI grid reference N9875096481 (Lat/Lon: 53.908417, -6.498142), Clonkeehan which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- Bing (was Multimap)
698750,796481and paste it into the search box at Ordnance Survey Ireland.
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)