1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
In 1868, the parish of Darver contained the following places:
"DARVER, (or Derver), a parish in the barony of Louth, in the county of Louth, province of Leinster, Ireland, 3½ miles N.W. of Castle Bellingham. Louth is its post town. The soil is very rich and well cultivated. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Armagh, value £180, in the patronage of the Primate. The parish has no church. The Roman Catholic chapel is united to that of Dromiskin. There is a school supported by the National Board. Darver Castle is the adjacent seat; near it are the ruins of the old church.
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018