GERNONSTOWN, a parish, in the barony of ARDEE, county of LOUTH, and province of LEINSTER, on the river Glyde and on the road from Drogheda to Dundalk; the population, including that of the post-town of Castle-Bellingham, is returned with the parish of Kihsaran. This parish, winch for all civil purposes in considered a part of Kilsaran, comprises, according to the Ordnance survey, 1302 statute acres, of which 17 arc in the river Glyde; the soil is principally clay, with some loam and gravel; the system of agriculture is greatly improved, and the land generally in a good state of cultivation. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Armagh, and part of the union of Kilsaran; the; tithes amount to £146.15.4.
The church of the union is in this parish, and is situated clone to the town of Castle-Bellingham. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Kilsaran.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.