The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
In 1868, the parish of Kane contained the following places:
"KANE, (or Iniskin), a parish in the barony of Upper Dundalk, county Louth, province of Leinster, Ireland, 3 miles N.N.W. of Dundalk, which is its post town. The surface is nearly all under cultivation, and is crossed by the road from Dundalk to Newtown-Hamilton. The living is united to the benefice of Baronstown, in the diocese of Armagh, the value of which is £348, in the patronage of the Primate and the Dean and Chapter of Christ Church. The Roman Catholic chapel at Killen belongs to the Dundalk Roman Catholic union. There is a private school. Falmore Hall is in this parish. Limestone is quarried and burned. Druidical remains are seen at Killen Hill.
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018