1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
In 1868, the parish of Tallanstown contained the following places:
"TALLANSTOWN, a parish in the barony of Ardee, county Louth, province of Leinster, Ireland, 3 miles S. of Louth. It is crossed by the road from Drogheda to Monaghan, and by the river Glyde. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Armagh, value with Charlestown, £365, in the patronage of the primate. There are two schools. Lisrenny and South Hall are the principal residences, the latter the seat of Viscount Louth."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018