In 1868, the parish of Ballynahaglish contained the following places:
"BALLYNAHAGLISH, a parish in the barony of Tirawley, in the county of Mayo, province of Connaught, Ireland, 5 miles to the S. of Ballina. It is situated between the river Moy and Lough Conn, and comprises a large extent of bog and mountain. There are quarries of granite, limestone, and sandstone. The living is a vicarage, part of the union of Ardagh, in the diocese of Tuam, Killala, and Achonry. The principal residence is Mount Falcon. Within the parish are several remains of antiquity, the ruins of castle MacAndrew, cromlechs, and camps."