1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
In 1868, the parish of Kilmaclasser contained the following places:
"KILMACLASSER, a parish in the barony of Burrishoole, county Mayo, province of Connaught, Ireland, 3 miles E.N.E. of Westport, its post town. The parish is 5 miles long by 3 broad. The surface is mountainous, and the soil various in quality. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Tuam, value with Aughaval, or Westport, £661, in the patronage of the bishop. The Roman Catholic chapel is united to that of Kilmina. There are two day schools.
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018