1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
In 1868, the parish of Manulla contained the following places:
"MANULLA, (or Minola), a parish in the barony of Carra, county Mayo, province of Connaught, Ireland, 5 miles E. of Castlebar. It is 3½ miles long by 2½ broad. The soil is mostly good. Several lakes touch the boundary, and one is within the limits. The interior is traversed by the road from Castlebar to Ballagh. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Tuam, value with Ballagh, £324, in the patronage of the bishop. There are three day schools.
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018