Hide

MOORGAGAGH

hide
Hide

1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland

In 1868, the parish of Moorgagagh contained the following places:

"MOORGAGAGH, a parish in the barony of Kilmaine, county Mayo, province of Connaught, Ireland, 2 miles N.N.W. of Shrule. Headford is its post town. It is 24 miles long by 1½ broad. The soil is good. The road from Kilmain to Galway passes through the parish. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Tuam, value with Kilmaine, 5458, in the patronage of the bishop. There is a day school.

[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018