In 1868, the parish of Clontibret contained the following places:
"CLONTIBRET, a parish and village in the barony of Cremorne, in the county of Monaghan, province of Ulster, Ireland, 2 miles to the N.W. of Castleblaney. Monaghan is its post town. The surface is boggy and mountainous. The parish is bounded on the E. by Lough Mucknoe, and the road from Dublin to Londonderry passes through. There are several lakes, the principal being Carraghdergan and Team. Slate and lead-ore are found. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Clogher, value £681, in the patronage of the bishop. It forms the corps of Clogher deanery. The church is an old and rudely finished structure. There are Wesleyan and Roman Catholic chapels, and several day schools. The neighbouring residences are Millmount, Braca, and Rockfield."
"MILLMOUNT, a hamlet in the parish of Clontibret, barony of Cremorne, county Monaghan, Ireland, 6 miles S.E. of Monaghan."