In 1868, the parish of Donaghmoyne contained the following places:
"DONAGHMOYNE, (or Donamine), a parish in the barony of Farney-with-Donaghmoyne, in the county of Monaghan, province of Ulster, Ireland, 2 miles N.E. of Carrickmacross, its post town. It is situated on the road from Dublin to Monaghan. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Clogher, value £776, in the patronage of the bishop. The church was built in 1827 from funds lent by the late Board of First Fruits. There are Roman Catholic chapels at Lisdownem, Taplagh, and Tullymaclinartin, which are united. There are National and other schools. Several lakes are within the limits of the parish. The principal seats are Donaghmoyne House, Longfield, Vicars-dale, and Rahans. Here are ruins of a fort, and some monastic remains.