In 1868, the parish of Tedavnet contained the following places:
"TEDAVNET, a parish in the barony of Monaghan, county Monaghan, province of Ulster, Ireland, 5 miles N.W. of Monaghan. Lisbellaw is its post town. The surface is mountainous and boggy, and is intersected by the river Blackwater. The principal hills are the Slieve Beagh mountains. The villages of Bellanode and Scotstown are within the limits. The living is a rectory and vicarage in the diocese of Clogher, value £578, in the patronage of the bishop. The church, which is at Bellanode, was enlarged in 1830. There are two Roman Catholic chapels, meeting-houses for Presbyterians and Wesleyans, a dispensary, and several public and private schools. The principal seats are Tallaghan and Mount Louise. Fairs are held on the 19th January, 2nd and 31st March, 24th June, and 28th September.