1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
In 1868, the parish of Tehallan contained the following places:
"TEHALLAN, a parish in the barony of Cremorne and Monaghan, county Monaghan, province of Ulster, Ireland, 3 miles E.N.E. of Monaghan. The surface consists of a good soil, and includes some extent of bog. It is traversed by the Ulster canal and the river Blackwater. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Armagh, in the patronage of the bishop. Liscarty is the seat of Major Ross. There is a police station. The manufacture of linen is carried on, and limestone is quarried.
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018