In 1868, the parish of Clonsast contained the following places:
"CLONSAST, a parish and village in the barony of Coolestown, in King's County, province of Leinster, Ireland, 6 miles to the S.W. of Edenderry. It is situated at the confluence of the rivers Figile and Philipstown, which run into the bog of Allen. The surface is very fiat and marshy, and is traversed by the road from Rathangan, its post town, to Philipstown. Tile living is a rectory in the diocese of Kildare, value with Ballinakill and Clonsast, £520, in the patronage of the bishop and the Duke of Leinster. The church was built about 1713, and there are two Roman Catholic chapels in the parish. The village, which is sometimes called Purefoy's Place, was wholly destroyed during the rebellion of 1798, and was rebuilt on a much smaller scale. Here are two National schools. The principal residences are Hollywood, Clonbrin, Chevy Chace, Kilcloncorky, Clonsast, Cushina, Cloncant and Ballydermot.