CLONEHORKE, a parish, in the barony of UPPER-PHILIPSTOWN, KING'S county, and province of LEINSTER; containing, with part of the borough, and markettown of Portarlington, 2988 inhabitants. This parish is situated on the left bank of the river Barrow, and on the road from Portarlington to Mount-Mellick. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Kildare, entirely appropriate to the rector of Geashill, of which parish it is considered to form part. There is a church, or chapel of ease, for the repairs of which the Ecclesiastical Commissioners have recently granted £213.9. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Portarlington.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.