KILNAMANAGH, or KILLENAMANAGH, a parish, in the barony of Boyle, county of ROSCOMMON, and province of CONNAUGHT, 5 miles (S. S. W.) from Boyle, on the road to Castlerea; containing 2815 inhabitants.
It comprises 3126 statute acres, principally under tillage, and includes extensive bogs and marshes. Limestone is plentiful. About a mile above Lough Gara the river Breeogue is crossed by a long low causeway bridge, near which a village has arisen. The principal seat is Kingsland, the residence of J. Conmee, Esq. It is a vicarage, in the diocese of Elphin, and in the patronage of the Bishop; the rectory is impropriate in Viscount Lorton and R. Young, Esq., of Castlerea. The tithes amount to £82. 8. 2., of which half is payable to the vicar, and half to the impropriators. There is no glebehouse; the glebe comprises 25a. 3r. 26p. statute measure, valued at £21, and subject to a rent of £2.
12. 6., per annum. The church is in ruins. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Lough Glen, and contains a chapel. There is a school aided by an annual subscription from Lord Lorton, in which are about 30 children; and there are about 130 in three private schools.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.