The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
In 1868, the parish of Ballysumaghan contained the following places:
"BALLYSUMAGHAN, a parish in the barony of Tirerill, in the county of Sligo, province of Connaught, Ireland, 4 miles to the E. of Collooney. The soil is good, and there is a large extent of bog and abundance of fine limestone. The living is a vicarage included in the union of Boyle in the diocese of Kilmore, Ardagh, and Elphin. There are some ruins of a church, and remains of Danish forts."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018