"KILMACSHALGAN, a parish in the barony of Tireragh, county Sligo, province of Connaught, Ireland, 5 miles E.S.E. of Easky, its post town. It is 7 miles long by 5 broad, and contains the village of Dromore East, and part of Lough Easky. The surface is nearly all mountain and bog. The living is- a vicarage in the diocese of Killala, value with another, £320, in the patronage of the bishop. The church was erected by means of, a sum lent by the late Board of First Fruits in 1820. There are a Roman Catholic chapel, and four daily schools. Dromore House and Farranmacfarrel are the chief residences. Building stone and slate are found among the hills."
Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868
Dromore West on wikipedia
The transcription of the section for this parish from the National Gazetteer (1868), provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Kilmacshalgan to another place.
You can see maps centred on OSI grid reference G4324827598 (Lat/Lon: 54.194231, -8.87022), Kilmacshalgan which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- Bing (was Multimap)
543248,827598and paste it into the search box at Ordnance Survey Ireland.
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)