It comprises 4111 statute acres, and is in the diocese of Cashel; the rectory is impropriate in the Marquess of Ormonde; the vicarage forms part of the corps of the treasurership in the cathedral of St. Patrick, Cashel. The tithes amount to £221. 10. 9¼., of which £138. 9. 2¾. is payable to the impropriator, and the remainder to the vicar. In the R. C. divisions it is the head of a union or district, comprising this parish and Inch, in each of which is a chapel; that of Drom is a large handsome building, erected in 1829. There is a public school, in which about 180, and two private schools, in which about 170, children are educated.
Here are some remains of the old church. A constabulary police force is stationed in. the village.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.
The transcription of the section for this parish from the National Gazetteer (1868), provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Drom to another place.
You can see maps centred on OSI grid reference S0735367742 (Lat/Lon: 52.761044, -7.891809), Drom which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Irish Ordnance Survey (Has old Irish maps)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)