KILCASH, a parish, in the barony of IFFA and OFFA-EAST, county of TIPPERARY, and province of MUNSTER, 6¼ miles (E. N. E.) from Olonmel; containing 1333 inhabitants. It is on the southern side of Slieve na Man, and contains an ancient seat of the Ormonde family. The living is a vicarage, in the diocese of Lismore, united episcopally, in 1813, to the vicarages of Killaloan, Templethay, and Kilgrant, and in the patronage of the Crown; the rectory is impropriate in the Marquess of Ormonde. The tithes amount to £113.7. 3., of which £46. 3. 1. is payable to the impropriator, and £67. 4. 2. to the vicar; and the entire tithes of the benefice are £267. 1. 10. The church is a modern building. There is no glebe-house: the glebe comprises 8a. 2r. 17p., and there is also one of 3a. 1r. 30p. in Kilgrant. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Gammonsfield, or Kilcash, and has a chapel at Ballypatrick. About 170 children are educated in a public school; the school-house was given by the Marquess of Ormonde. Here is a dispensary.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.
The transcription of the section for this parish from the National Gazetteer (1868), provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Kilcash to another place.
You can see maps centred on OSI grid reference S3250228027 (Lat/Lon: 52.403246, -7.523196), Kilcash which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- Bing (was Multimap)
632502,628027and paste it into the search box at Ordnance Survey Ireland.
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)