KILFEACLE, a parish, in the barony of CLANWILLIAM, county of TIPPERARY, and province of MUNSTER, 3½ miles (S. E. by E.) from Tipperary, on the road from that place to Cashel; containing 2033 inhabitants. It comprises 7152 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, and valued at £7950 per annum. Some of the land is of excellent quality, and good limestone is abundant. A fair is held on July 10th, chiefly for wool and lambs. Kilfeacle House is the residence of Mrs. Scully. The parish is in the diocese of Cashel, and is a rectory, forming part of the union of Tipperary: the tithes amount to £369. 4. 7½. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Golden, and has a chapel near the Moat. About 80 children are educated in a public and the same number in a private school. There are the remains of castles at Grantstown and Castle Field, also a large Danish moat.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.
The transcription of the section for this parish from the National Gazetteer (1868), provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Kilfeakle to another place.
You can see maps centred on OSI grid reference R9618237101 (Lat/Lon: 52.485738, -8.056934), Kilfeakle which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Irish Ordnance Survey (Has old Irish maps)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)