Minchen Carden, Esq.; and Ballinlonty, of M. Fogarty, Esq. The living is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Cashel, united by act of council, in 1789, to the rectories and vicarages of Barnane and Killoskehan, and in the patronage of the Archbishop: the tithes amount to £100, and of the union to £315. The church was rebuilt in 1821, for which the late Board of First Fruits granted a loan of £500. The same Board, in 1794, gave £100 towards the erection of the glebe-house: the glebe comprises 19 acres. About 60 children are educated in a public school.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.
The transcription of the section for this parish from the National Gazetteer (1868), provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Kilfithmone to another place.
You can see maps centred on OSI grid reference S0505667188 (Lat/Lon: 52.756093, -7.925855), Kilfithmone which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Irish Ordnance Survey (Has old Irish maps)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)