KILLAVENOGH, or CLONMORE, a parish, in the barony of IKERRIN, county of TIPPERARY, and province of MUNSTER, 4 miles (N. E.) from Templemore, on the road from that place to Rathdowney; containing 3000 inhabitants. It comprises 5946 statute acres, including a considerable quantity of bog; and contains Dromard, the residence of F. Lidwill, Esq. It is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Cashel, forming part of the union of Templemore. The tithes amount to £369. 4. 7½., and there is a glebe of 36 acres. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Templemore, and contains a chapel. About 130 children are educated in two private schools.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.
The transcription of the section for this parish from the National Gazetteer (1868), provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Killavinoge to another place.
You can see maps centred on OSI grid reference S1609177486 (Lat/Lon: 52.848417, -7.761902), Killavinoge which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Irish Ordnance Survey (Has old Irish maps)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)