KILLOSCULLY, a par. in the bars. of Owney and Arra, co. Tipperary, prov. of Munster, Ireland, 8 miles S.S.W. of Nenagh, its post town. The par. is nearly 6 miles long by 4 mile broad, and contains the vil. of Shellee. The surface is hilly, particularly so in the east, where the Keeper mountains rise 2,278 feet above sea-level. The Dublin and Limerick road traverses the interior. The living is a rect. and vic. in the dioc. of Cashel, val. £248, in the patron. of the bishop. The church was erected in 1828, by means of a loan from the late Board of First Fruits. The Roman Catholic chapel is united to that at Ballinahinch in Kilnerath. There are three day schools. Kinalta is the chief seat. Stone, slate, and marl occur, and there are some abandoned gold mines, and a cromlech."
Transcription from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868
The transcription of the section for this parish from the National Gazetteer (1868), provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Killoscully to another place.
You can see maps centred on OSI grid reference R7979968183 (Lat/Lon: 52.764679, -8.299993), Killoscully which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Irish Ordnance Survey (Has old Irish maps)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)