KILMURRY, a parish, in the barony of IFFA and OFFA-EAST, county of TIPPERARY, and province of MUNSTER, 2½ miles (N. W. by N.) from Carrick-on-Suir, near the river Suir and the high road from Clonmel to Waterford; containing 2220 inhabitants. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Lismore, forming part of the union of Kilsheelan: the tithes amount to £504. 18. 11. In the R. C. divisions the parish is united with Grange-Mockler; there is a chapel in each. There is a private school, in which about 100 children are educated.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.
The transcription of the section for this parish from the National Gazetteer (1868), provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Kilmurry to another place.
You can see maps centred on OSI grid reference S3597726443 (Lat/Lon: 52.3888, -7.472305), Kilmurry which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Irish Ordnance Survey (Has old Irish maps)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)