This parish is situated on the river Suir, which separates it from Loughmoe-West, and on the road from Templemore to Thurles, and comprises 3417 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act. On the townland of Killahara is a very fine old castle, which formerly belonged to the Purcells, and is now the property of Mr.
Trant. It is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Cashel, and is part of the union of Templetuohy and corps of the prebend of Kilbragh in the cathedral of Cashel: the tithes amount to £249. 17. 9. There is a pay school, in which are about 30 boys and 20 girls.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Loughmoe East to another place.
You can see maps centred on OSI grid reference S1395266877 (Lat/Lon: 52.753149, -7.794097), Loughmoe East which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Irish Ordnance Survey (Has old Irish maps)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)