The living is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Cashel, united to the rectory and vicarage of Kilclonagh, and in the patronage of the Archbishop: the tithes amount to £479.17.6., and of the entire benefice to £524. 17. 6. The glebe-house was erected by aid of a loan of £675 from the late Board of First Fruits, in 1820. The church was built in 1815, by aid of a gift of £800 from the same Board. In the R.C. divisions the parish is the head of a union or district, comprising this parish and those of Kilclonagh and Templetuohy, in which union there are two chapels; that of Moyne is a very neat building. About 300 children are educated in two national schools, held in neat thatched houses, built by subscription, and situated at Mayne and Boulabeha; and about 40 in a private school.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.
The transcription of the section for this parish from the National Gazetteer (1868), provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Moyne to another place.
You can see maps centred on OSI grid reference S1985664504 (Lat/Lon: 52.731636, -7.706806), Moyne which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Irish Ordnance Survey (Has old Irish maps)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)