Perry, Esq.; and Springmount, of J. Keating, Esq.
The living is a rectory, in the diocese of Cashel, constituting the prebend of Newchapel in the cathedral of Cashel, and in the patronage of the Archbishop. The tithes under the composition act amount to £462. 3. 4½.
per annum; the glebe-house, towards the erection of which the late Board of First Fruits contributed a gift of £100, was built in 1790; the glebe comprises 17¼ acres of profitable land. The church, a neat edifice, was rebuilt in 1821, for which purpose the late Board of First Fruits granted a loan of £800. There is a private school, in which are about 70 children. On the townland of Mulloghnoney are the remains of an ancient castle, formerly belonging to the O'Dogherty family.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.
The transcription of the section for this parish from the National Gazetteer (1868), provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Newchapel to another place.
You can see maps centred on OSI grid reference S1628526824 (Lat/Lon: 52.393159, -7.761521), Newchapel which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Irish Ordnance Survey (Has old Irish maps)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)