OUTRAGH, or OUGHTERAGH, a parish, in the barony of MIDDLETHIRD, county of TIPPERARY, and province of MUNSTER, 3½ miles (N. by E.) from Cahir, on the road from Cashel to Clonmel; containing 602 inhabitants. It comprises 1482 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act. The living is a rectory, in the diocese of Lismore, episcopally united to that of Mortlestown, and in the patronage of the Bishop: the tithes amount to £92. 6. 1., and of the union to £142. 6.1; there is a glebe-house, with a glebe of 12 acres. The Protestant parishioners attend the church at New Inn. About 50 children are educated in a school supported by Wray Palliser, Esq., and the rector.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.
The transcription of the section for this parish from the National Gazetteer (1868), provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Outeragh to another place.
You can see maps centred on OSI grid reference S0818129581 (Lat/Lon: 52.418117, -7.880491), Outeragh which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Irish Ordnance Survey (Has old Irish maps)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)