The tithes amount to £203. 1. 6., of which £110. 15. 5.
is payable to the impropriator, and the remainder to the vicar. The church, a neat building, was erected in 1825, on the site of the old church, at the sole expense of the lady of Gen. Sir Wm. Meadows, who endowed it with the interest of £1800, payable at the death of a Mrs. Meadows. At the Giant's Grave there is an upright stone, about eight feet high above the ground, on which two crosses are sculptured; that on one side of the stone is in raised relief, that on the other in has relief.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.
The transcription of the section for this parish from the National Gazetteer (1868), provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Rathronan to another place.
You can see maps centred on OSI grid reference S1939125340 (Lat/Lon: 52.379719, -7.715975), Rathronan which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Irish Ordnance Survey (Has old Irish maps)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)