TEMPLENOE, or LISNAVILLA, a parish, in the barony of CLANWILLIAM, county of TIPPERARY, and province of MUNSTER, 3 miles (N. E.) from Tipperary, on the road to Cashel, containing 1089 inhabitants. It comprises 3037 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, and valued at £3548 per annum, consisting chiefly of rich grazing land. The principal seats are Greenane, the residence of R, Southcote Mansergh, Esq.; Friarsfield Cottage, of Capt, Robt. Mansergh; and Newtown Cottage, of Jno. C. Mansergh, Esq. It is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Cashel, forming part of the union of Tipperary: the tithes amount to £184.12.3. The glebe-house of the union is in this parish. About 120 children are educated in two private schools.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.
The transcription of the section for this parish from the National Gazetteer (1868), provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Templenoe to another place.
You can see maps centred on OSI grid reference R9171538581 (Lat/Lon: 52.498988, -8.122722), Templenoe which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Irish Ordnance Survey (Has old Irish maps)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)