TEMPLE-ERRY, or TEMPLEREE, a parish, in the barony of IKERRIN, county of TIPPERARY, and province of MUNSTER, 2½ miles (N.E.) from Templemore, on the road to Johnstown; containing 1415 inhabitants. This parish, which is situated on the river Suir, comprises 2871 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act. The living is a rectory, in the diocese of Cashel., and in the patronage of the Archbishop: the tithes amount to £207.18.10¼. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Loughmore and Castle- Inney; the chapel is a handsome building of recent erection. About 60 children are educated in a private school. Some vestiges of the old church still exist.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.
The transcription of the section for this parish from the National Gazetteer (1868), provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Templeree to another place.
You can see maps centred on OSI grid reference S1533671806 (Lat/Lon: 52.797396, -7.773381), Templeree which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Irish Ordnance Survey (Has old Irish maps)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)