The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
In 1868, the parish of Kilpatrick contained the following places:
"KILPATRICK, a parish in the barony of Fore, county Westmeath, province of Leinster, Ireland, 5 miles S.E. of Castle-Pollard. Castletown-Delvin is its post town. It is 2 miles long by 1½ mile broad. The soil is mostly good. The road from Mullingar to Oldcastle passes through the parish. The living is a curacy in the diocese of Meath, value with Rathgraff, £361, in the patronage of the bishop. The church is in ruins. There are a Roman Catholic chapel and two day schools. Some raths are seen."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018