The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
In 1868, the parish of Portloman contained the following places:
"PORTLOMAN, a parish in the barony of Corkaree, county Westmeath, province of Leinster, Ireland. Mullingar is its post town. It lies along the W. shore of Lough Owel. The soil is rich. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Meath, value with another, £136, in the patronage of the bishop. Here are a church and a day school. Portloman House is the only residence. A monastery anciently stood here.
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018