The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
In 1868, the parish of Portnashangan contained the following places:
"PORTNASHANGAN, a parish in the barony of Corkaree, county Westmeath, Ireland, 4 miles N.W. of Mullingar. The village, in which petty sessions are held, is situated on Lough Hoyle. The land is chiefly arable. There are several stone-quarries. The living is a rectory annexed to that of Portloman. The principal seats are Ballinagall and Mountmurray.
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018