BALLYINGLEY, a parish, in the barony of SHELMALIER, county of WEXFORD, and province of LEINSTER, 5 miles (S. W. by S.) from Taghmon; containing 204 inhabitants. This parish is situated on the east bank of the Scar river, and contains 746 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act. By a return to a regal visitation, in 1615, it appears to have been one of the mensals of the bishop of Ferns, which it still continues to be. It is one of the six parishes that constitute the union of Horetown, in the diocese of Ferns: the tithes amount to £31.16.ll¼., of which £21. 4. 7½. is paid to the Ecclesiastical Commissioners, and £10. 12. 3¾. to the incumbent. The church is in ruins. The parish is within the R. C. district of Ballymitty.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.
The transcription of the section for this parish from the National Gazetteer (1868), provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Ballingly to another place.
The entry for Ballingly from Griffiths Valuation 1847/64
You can see maps centred on OSI grid reference S8691115364 (Lat/Lon: 52.28355, -6.727197), Ballingly which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- Bing (was Multimap)
686911,615364and paste it into the search box at Ordnance Survey Ireland.
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)