BALLYCONNICK, a parish, in the barony of BARGY, county of WEXFORD, and province of LEINSTER, 7½ miles (S, W.) from Wexford, on the road to Banuow; containing 510 inhabitants. In a return to a royal visitation held in 1615, it was designated Ballycormick, and returned as a chapel to the prebend of Taghmon. The parish comprises 1445 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, and is chiefly in tillage. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Ferns, and is part of the union and corps of the prebend of Taghmon, in the cathedral of Ferns: the tithes amount to £95. 1.7. In the R. C.
divisions it is included in the union or district of Rathangan and Clarestown. A parochial school, in which are about 30 boys and 20 girls, is supported by subscription.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.
The transcription of the section for this parish from the National Gazetteer (1868), provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Ballyconnick to another place.
You can see maps centred on OSI grid reference S9421213940 (Lat/Lon: 52.269559, -6.620646), Ballyconnick which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- Bing (was Multimap)
694212,613940and paste it into the search box at Ordnance Survey Ireland.
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)