DRINAGH, a parish, in the barony of FORTH, county of WEXFORD, and province of LEINSTER, 1½ mile (S. E.) from Wexford, on the southern shore of Wexford haven; containing 451 inhabitants. It comprises 1791 statute acres, chiefly under an improved system of tillage. Limestone is quarried near the shore of the harbour, and more than 20,000 tons are annually shipped. The seats are Somerset, that of G. Walker, Esq.; and Hermitage, of A. Meadows, Esq. It is in the diocese of Ferns, and is a rectory, forming part of the union of St. Patrick's, Wexford: the tithes amount to £90.4.0½. The ruins of the church exist in the ancient burial-ground. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the district of Piercestown.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.
The transcription of the section for this parish from the National Gazetteer (1868), provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Drinagh to another place.
You can see maps centred on OSI grid reference T0513217714 (Lat/Lon: 52.301488, -6.459567), Drinagh which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- Bing (was Multimap)
705132,617714and paste it into the search box at Ordnance Survey Ireland.
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)