The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
In 1868, the parish of Ishartmon contained the following places:
"ISHARTMON, a parish in the barony of Forth, county Wexford, province of Leinster, Ireland, 3 miles S. of Killinick. Wexford is its post town. It is a little more than 1 mile long by half a mile broad. It is situated on the shore of Lough Tacumshane, and consists of a tolerably good soil. The living is an impropriate curacy in the diocese of Ferns, value £36, in the patronage of the bishop. Butlerstown is a modern mansion adjoining the ancient castle of that name. Lyngstown Castle is another residence. Building stone and marl are quarried. The ruins of the ancient church are still remaining."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018