KILLILOGUE, or KERLOGUE, a parish, in the barony of FORTH, county of WEXFORD, and province of LEINSTER, 1 mile (S.) from Wexford, on the road from that place to Killinick: the population is included in the returns for St. Michael and Maudlintown. It comprises only the townlands of Kerlogue and Coolballagh, containing 220 statute acres, which are principally under tillage; and is watered by a small stream that falls into Wexford harbour, near which a thin vein of copper ore was found about 20 years since. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Ferns, united by act of council, in 1722, to St. Patrick's, Wexford: the tithes amount to £12. 1. 4½. In the R. C. divisions it also forms part of the union or district of Wexford.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.
The transcription of the section for this parish from the National Gazetteer (1868), provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Kerloge to another place.
You can see maps centred on OSI grid reference T0490019008 (Lat/Lon: 52.313153, -6.462559), Kerloge which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- Bing (was Multimap)
704900,619008and paste it into the search box at Ordnance Survey Ireland.
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)