KILGARVEN, a parish, in the barony of SHELMALIER, county of WEXFORD, and province of LEINSTER, 2½ miles (N. W.) from Taghmon, on the road to Adamstown and New Ross; containing 898 inhabitants, and comprising 5369 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Ferns, and forms part of the union of Horetown; the tithes amount to £156. 8. 8. In the R. C. divisions it is part, of the union or district of Taghmon: there is a small thatched chapel at Caroreigh, which it is in contemplation to rebuild. Some remains of the old church yet exist.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.
The transcription of the section for this parish from the National Gazetteer (1868), provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Kilgarvan to another place.
The entry for Kilgarvan from Griffiths Valuation 1847/64
You can see maps centred on OSI grid reference S8829224516 (Lat/Lon: 52.365558, -6.704562), Kilgarvan which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- Bing (was Multimap)
688292,624516and paste it into the search box at Ordnance Survey Ireland.
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)