KILLAG, a parish, in the barony of BARGY, county of WEXFORD, and province of LEINSTER, 11 miles (S.
W. by S.) from Wexford; containing 358 inhabitants.
This parish, which occupies a peninsular situation on the shores of the lough formed by the burrow of Ballyteigue, comprises 1866 statute acres, which are almost wholly under tillage; the system of agriculture is improving, and sea-weed collected in the lough is used for manure. The small island of Inch, situated in the lough, belongs to this parish. Here is Richfield, the seat of Sir F. H. Loftus, Bart. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Ferns, forming part of the union of Mulrankin; the tithes amount to £125. 6. 11½. In the R. C.
divisions it is part of the union or district of Rathangan.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.
The transcription of the section for this parish from the National Gazetteer (1868), provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Killag to another place.
You can see maps centred on OSI grid reference S9455507594 (Lat/Lon: 52.212485, -6.6174), Killag which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- Bing (was Multimap)
694555,607594and paste it into the search box at Ordnance Survey Ireland.
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)