KILLINOR, or KILNENER, a parish, in the barony of GOREY, county of WEXFORD, and province of LEINSTER, 4½ miles (S. W.) from Arklow, on the old road from that place to Gorey; containing 1326 inhabitants.
It comprises 5307 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, and is chiefly in tillage. A cattle fair is held on Sept. 8th. It is an impropriate curacy, in the diocese of Ferns, united by episcopal authority to Kilpipe: the rectory is impropriate in Sir Richard Steele, Bart: the tithes amount to £124. 12. 3¾., of which £69. 4. 7½. is payable to the impropriator, and the remainder to the curate. Here is a glebe-house, with a glebe of 17a. 3r. 20p. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Gorey, and has a chapel at Ballyfad.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.
The transcription of the section for this parish from the National Gazetteer (1868), provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Kilnenor to another place.
You can see maps centred on OSI grid reference T1432669723 (Lat/Lon: 52.766808, -6.306973), Kilnenor which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- Bing (was Multimap)
714326,669723and paste it into the search box at Ordnance Survey Ireland.
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)